The Art of Folding
This article refers to Swoop Bikes.
The Tern fold is simple and elegant. With a little bit of practice, it will feel like second nature, or, if you prefer, as intuitive as riding a bicycle.
Folding Your Bike
1. Rotate Cranks so that the Left Crank extends upwards
2. Drop Seatpost down
3. Open Frame Joint
5. Open Handlepost Joint and fold Handlepost down
6. Secure Handlepost with the Handlepost Strap
For a more compact folded package, fold or remove your Pedals before Step #2.
You can also get a smaller folded package by positioning your Handlebar Stem upright, before Step #5.
Don’t over-tighten the Handlepost Strap, or you might weaken the magnetic bond in the Magnetix™ 2.0 Clip System.
Unfolding Your Bike
1. Unhook Handlepost Strap
2. Unfold Handlepost and close Handlepost Lever
4. Close Frame Joint
5. Raise Seatpost
6. Check that your bike is ready to ride using the ABCQD test
To disengage the Magnetix™ 2.0 Clip System, give the Handlebar a quick turn to the left after you’ve closed the Handlepost Lever.
Your Seatpost has minimum and maximum insertion point markings. For safety reasons, make sure your Seatpost is inserted within this range.