- 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (500/1000 Wh) for a range of up to 206 km (128 mi)
- Heavy-duty, continuously variable Enviolo SP hub
- Gates® CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 – 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels™ with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
- 20" wheels
FAZ Technik & Motor
The highlight of the GSD is that it can be parked vertically on its tail. This solves a problem that a Long John in particular can cause: Where to put the cargo bike?
This is probably our favorite e-bike here at eBikeTips, and it's a bike that can easily replace a car for many people.
It's given us a lot of freedom, and it gives me the flexibility of a car—but just a lot more fun.
Despite compact dimensions and small 20-inch wheels, the Tern can be loaded up to 200 kilos total weight. The fact that it does not seem overloaded or unstable even then speaks for the solidity of the frame.
Bicycling Magazine Newsletter
The Tern GSD is funny-looking. But use it once, and in short order, you’ll realized its brilliance. Notice I said, “use it” instead of “ride it.” [...] The GSD is a tool, an appliance, a life accessory. It could replace a car for, I’d estimate, over 90-percent of my day-to-day needs.
With a length of 1.85 meters, at least, it can be steered well and also parked in the garage in any corner. This can even be done upright to save space, because the engineers have designed several "parking feet" at the rear end of the rack, on which the bike can be jacked upright. The handlebars can also be folded away in a few easy steps. Extremely practical!
Roadworthy additions on the LX and R14 models include a high-/low-beam headlight and, on all models, an always-on brake light that intensifies when you squeeze the Magura MT5 eStop levers.
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.