The Node D8 is the workhorse of our Around-Town bike family. With big wheels, comfortable tires, and swept-back handlebars, it’s as comfortable and solid as a Dutch city-bike, but it folds down small—in 10 seconds flat.
- 8-speed drivetrain for all the range you need in the city
- Shimano Claris derailleur for reliable shifting and durability
- Swept-back handlebars offer an upright and comfortable riding position
- Andros™ handlebar stem for tool-free riding position adjustments on the fly
- Includes integrated Freelance™ Fenders and Freight™ Rack
- Schwalbe Big Apple tires with Kevlar puncture protection
- Folds in under 10 seconds for storage or transport
- Optional integrated lighting with electricity-generating hub
- 24" wheels
OCL Frame Joint
Advanced folding technology
The key to any folding bicycle is the main folding joint. Done well, it locks the two halves of the frame together without any hint of movement or sound. It should be easy to operate and work flawlessly year after year. The OCL Joint does all of these things and is a new reference in folding frame technology.
Physis 3D Handlepost
The new benchmark
Five patented technologies and unique manufacturing technology add up to the strongest, stiffest folding handlepost available. The Physis uses a special manufacturing process called 3D forging, which forms the post from a single piece of aluminum, eliminating all welds.
Adjust to fit
The Andros is our patented adjustable stem that lets you set your handlebars where you want—no tools, no fuss. In just seconds, you can set your riding position to long and low in a tough headwind, or upright and comfy for riding around town. You decide how you want to ride and the Andros makes your bike fit.
Rolling on 24-inch wheels and tyres, the Tern Node D8 is the ideal folding bike if you have a longer commute.
Sturdy, dependable, and able to handle bumpier rides, my first impressions of the Tern Node D8 were all good.
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.