How to Fit a Portage 24 Rack on a Joe bike
This article refers to Joe C21, D24 and P24 bicycles.
These instructions should be followed to fit a BioLogic Portage 24" Rack to Tern Joe C21, D24 and P24 bicycles.
List of Parts
- Quick Release Lever
- Rack Stays
- QR Acorn
- Seat Clamp
- QR Skewer
1. Fit the Portage Rack to the Seat Stays by following the instructions included on the packaging. Leave the Rack Bolts loose for now.
2. Remove QR Acorn by opening Quick Release Lever and rotating the QR Acorn counter-clockwise. Then slide QR Skewer out of the Seat Clamp. Place the Cam to one side.
3. Thread the Extended QR Skewer through the Cam, Right Rack Stay, Washer, Seat Clamp, Washer, and Left Rack Stay, then affix the QR Acorn.
4. Tighten the QR Acorn as required and close the Quick Release Lever.
5. Tighten the Rack Bolts to 4~5 Nm (35~44 in-lbf).
- Incorrect performance of this service may result in rider injury or death. If you are unsure of how to perform this service, stop riding your bicycle and take it to your nearest Tern dealer.
- Not for use with a child seat(s).
- Ensure rack is weighted evenly and load fixed securely, an improperly loaded rack may adversely affect rider control and cause injury or death.
- Incorrect use of a QR may result in rider injury or death. Review the instructions that came with your bicycle before using a Quick Release.