GSD S00 LX
- 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (500/1000 Wh) for a range of up to 206 km (128 mi)
- Heavy-duty, continuously variable Enviolo SP hub
- Gates® CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 – 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels™ with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST Suspension Seatpost for an extra-cushy ride
- Ultra-bright Ignis™ Headlight ensures 24/7 visibility, no matter the weather
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
- 20" wheels
We have toyed with the idea of selling the car and going 'all in' as a cycling family of four. With a bike like this, we have concluded that the car will not be missed too often.
I ride a Tern GSD S00, which is a mid-tail bike. It has a maximum weight capacity of around 450 pounds, and it's not very long, which means that it can't carry as much stuff as easily as a bakfiets, but it’s lighter and more maneuverable.
If you want to travel in comfort and without sacrifices, reach for the [GSD]. The compact bike is great for touring and takes luggage for that big trip.
The Bath & Wiltshire Parent
For me, it’s the incredible versatility of the GSD that really impresses. I can cycle into town, do all my shopping and cycle back, and it’s quicker and cheaper than driving in and parking, there’s no worrying about the narrow car park size plus there’s the benefit of incidental exercise.
FAZ Technik & Motor
The highlight of the GSD is that it can be parked vertically on its tail. This solves a problem that a Long John in particular can cause: Where to put the cargo bike?
Electric Bike Report
Tern has a perspective on e-bikes we don’t often see in the United States; that they’re useful for so much more than sporty rides in hills or leisurely beachside cruises. Tern wants to see its bikes used as tools and business solutions, much like a van or work truck. The GSD is the embodiment of that vision. It is, simply put, built to be a car killer.
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.