GSD S00 LX
- 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (500/1000 Wh) for a range of up to 206 km (128 mi)
- Heavy-duty, continuously variable Enviolo SP hub
- Gates® CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 – 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels™ with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST Suspension Seatpost for an extra-cushy ride
- Ultra-bright Ignis™ Headlight ensures 24/7 visibility, no matter the weather
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
- 20" wheels
If you have your heart set on making your family bike-first, this is a model you'll use for years to come.
It's small, yet it's big: Tern's versatile e-bike is no longer than a regular electric bike, yet it serves as a family car, shopping cart and van.
[Dealers] report that customers are increasingly buying a cargo bike as an alternative to a second car. If you compare the purchase and maintenance of a car, you won't flinch [...]: the cargo bike is cheaper in any case.
Die Welt Reiseguide
Why not ditch the car altogether and start the journey on your doorstep? If it's not a round trip, the compact touring bike fits easily into the bike compartments of Deutsche Bahn and the like.
The GSD is currently probably the best option to replace the car in everyday use with a bike. Or simply to have fun with cycling.
I'm currently riding this year's Tern GSD S00 LX, and our review is forthcoming. But it does make me wonder why I put my children on any other bike.
The seat and cockpit on the Tern GSD are super adjustable (it fits people 4’11” to 6’5”), so if I wanted to drive, I definitely could have done so comfortably. But I was more than happy in the passenger seat, cruising home with the wind in my hair, a dog in my lap, and an arm around my SO’s waist. Cargo bike + picnic pizza = best date night ever.
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.