Tern Unveils Verge S27h
“The Mile Eater” marries carrying capacity and ride quality
TAIPEI, TAIWAN – August 14, 2014 – Urban transport specialist, Tern, today introduced the Verge S27h as the latest addition to its award-winning Verge lineup. The Verge S27h carries rider and load with sure-footed confidence whether treking over 3K passes or riding to a local market.
Designed in partnership with velowerk of Switzerland, the Verge S27h stands out from head to toe. The hydroformed frame and 3Dforged handle post deliver an incredibly stiff riding platform that is ideal for big and tall riders. Custom CroMO fork, extra long seatsays, solid disc brakes and ultra-wide 27-speed gearing ensure durability, safety and superior long distance travel performance on any terrain. Schwalbe Big Apple 55 mm tires roll fast and smooth to make for a Cadillac ride. The Andros adjustable stem sports the integrated 40Lux Valo 2 light, which is powered by a super-efficient BioLogic Joule 3 dynamo hub.
The bike comes with a ‘floor’ pump integrated into the seat post and is Rohloff-ready with an eccentric bottom bracket and compatible drop outs. The heavy-duty dual-rail Cargo Rack and a front low rider rack offer plenty of load carrying capacity, yet the bike still folds down in 10 seconds for easy transport or storage.
The Verge S27h will retail for 1.699 Euro / US$1,900
16 Reasons to Look Closer at the Verge S27h
- Adjustable Andros™ stem adapts to the rider, not the other way around
- Bright 40 Lux Valo™ 2.0 dynamo powered headlight
- Ultra-stiff 3D forged Physis™ handle post
- Custom CrMo fork with 45mm fork rake, 100mm OLD and clearance for up to 60mm wide tires for excellent suspension performance
- Big Apple 55-406 tires combine comfort and low rolling resistance
- Joule™ 3 disc brake dynamo hub delivers efficient power
- Internal cable routing gives a clean look
- Reinforced M5 braze-on for Tubus Duo carriers
- Eccentric bottom bracket – use internal gear-hubs without a chain tensioner
- Chain protector (hebie chainglider) ready
- Left side dropout with Rohloff Momentum bridge
- Pletscher standard rear kickstand – must-have for bikes with luggage
- Extra-long chain stays for superb rolling quality and better shifting performance
- Heavy-duty dual-rail Cargo Rack™ carries both panniers and a trunk bag
- Integrated frame lock braze-on’s fit leading lock systems
- PostPump™ 2.0 seat post stays hidden until you need it
velowerk, founded in 1980 by Thomas Loesch, is a custom bike manufacturer based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland and a Tern technical consultant. velowerk bike designs are based on the needs of heavy duty rdiers, long distance travelers and all season commuters. More info: www.velowerk.ch