- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (1000 Wh) for a range of up to 206 km (128 mi)
- Rohloff® Speedhub features a 526% gear range, electronic shifting, and automatic downshifting
- Gates® CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST Suspension Seatpost for an extra-cushy ride
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Ultra-bright Ignis™ Headlight ensures 24/7 visibility, no matter the weather
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels™ with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- 20" wheels
Karl | Cargobike
Conclusion: [The Tern GSD is] a small car on two wheels. Perfect with a kid and cargo in the city, and the riding fun does not disappoint.
The Bath & Wiltshire Parent
For me, it’s the incredible versatility of the GSD that really impresses. I can cycle into town, do all my shopping and cycle back, and it’s quicker and cheaper than driving in and parking, there’s no worrying about the narrow car park size plus there’s the benefit of incidental exercise.
FAZ Technik & Motor
The highlight of the GSD is that it can be parked vertically on its tail. This solves a problem that a Long John in particular can cause: Where to put the cargo bike?
This is probably our favorite e-bike here at eBikeTips, and it's a bike that can easily replace a car for many people.
Bicycling Magazine Newsletter
The Tern GSD is funny-looking. But use it once, and in short order, you’ll realized its brilliance. Notice I said, “use it” instead of “ride it.” [...] The GSD is a tool, an appliance, a life accessory. It could replace a car for, I’d estimate, over 90-percent of my day-to-day needs.
With a length of 1.85 meters, at least, it can be steered well and also parked in the garage in any corner. This can even be done upright to save space, because the engineers have designed several "parking feet" at the rear end of the rack, on which the bike can be jacked upright. The handlebars can also be folded away in a few easy steps. Extremely practical!
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.