- 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (400/900 Wh) for a range of up to 195 km (121 mi)
- Shimano® Deore 1 × 10-speed hub for smooth, efficient shifting
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 – 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
- 20" wheels
The Tern GSD has been our e-bike of the year in the past, so it’s no surprise to find it back in this list again.
When it first landed the Tern was miles ahead of the pack, and was rightly our e-bike of the year in 2018. Skip forward to now and the GSD remains, for me, the pick of the bunch: it’s the most practical bike I’ve ever used.
With the help of a mini-fleet of Bosch-powered e-cargo bikes, including [a GSD with a Carla Cargo trailer], and financial support from Bosch eBike Systems, the programme shares food with the local community that would have otherwise gone to waste.
It completely changed the game by making a cargo bike small, fun, and convenient to ride, as well as useful.
Just for [the GSD], a modular accessory system for the weather-protected transportation of children and luggage will be available from 2021: the Storm Box and the Storm Shield.
If you buy this as a family e-bike we suspect your main problem will be competition for ride time.
Tern now offer the Clubhouse fort accessories with the GSD, making a fully enclosed space which means at least the kids can stay dry even if you’re out in the rain up front.
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.