- Next-generation Bosch® Performance Line motor with Intuvia display
- 500 Wh battery for a range of up to 118 km (74 mi)
- Integrated automatic shifting
- Enviolo Sport 380 hub
- Custom Suntour suspension fork
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST suspension seatpost
- Magura® MT4 hydraulic disc brakes
- Gates Carbon Drive® CDX belt
- Abus® keyed-alike frame lock
- Fits riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi, or Bobike® GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed
- ETA mid 2020
- 20" wheels
'With bikes like the GSD, we've got families getting rid of their cars and doing everything on their ebikes,' says Parsons. 'It costs almost nothing to run: it's three pence to charge and that gives you a range of 50 miles.' Try getting that fuel economy in a car.
And the HSD is amazingly comfortable: the upright seating position ensures a good overview in traffic
Both the Tern GSD and HSD passed the new German standard test up to their claimed maximum loads of 200 kg (440 lb) for the GSD and 170 kg (374 lb) for the HSD, which means they meet and exceed the German cargo bike standard.
The Tern HSD S+ is very agile with its small 20-inch wheels and powerful motor, and it remains stable and easy to handle at all times.
The loadmasters among bikes need a lot of space. Not so with the HSD, because it can be stowed vertically on its end.
For those with limited space, Waldman suggests the excellent Tern HSD. Yes, it’s a folding e-cargo bike — with room for one kid or a family grocery haul — that can be stored vertically to take up minimal space.
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike's weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.